JohnDavid Toren, Attorney at Law
JohnDavid Toren specializes in representing individuals in personal injury, medical malpractice, wrongful death, insurance, and vaccine injury matters.
JohnDavid is also licensed to perform marriage ceremonies and is proud to have officiated several to date including ceremonies in Washington, Canada, and New York.
JohnDavid joined Menzer Law Firm in 2014 after receiving his Juris Doctor (J.D.) from the University of Washington School of Law. He graduated from Whitman College with a Bachelor of Economics degree in 2010 before returning to his home city of Seattle.
Before joining Menzer Law Firm, JohnDavid completed an internship with King County Superior Court Judge Susan Craighead and clerked at Emmal, Skalbania, & Vinnedge in Seattle. He volunteered for the Innocence Project throughout his three years of law school, including working with prisoners directly at the Innocence Project Northwest (IPNW) Clinic.
JohnDavid is licensed in Washington and admitted to practice in the U.S. District Courts in the Eastern and Western Districts of Washington.
JohnDavid has co-authored several legal publications, including:
- “The Rise of Alternative Long-Term Care Facilities; What Plaintiffs’ Lawyers Need to Know”
- “Seen But Not Treated — Who Dropped the Ball”
- “What Lawyers Need to Know About the LTC Ombudsman Program”
- “Injury Claims Against Adult Family Homes”, Chapter of the Nursing Home Litigation Deskbook, 2019 edition
When JohnDavid isn’t working, he likes to stay active. He likes to run, hike, go on camping trips, rock climb, play flag football, and very occasionally, do triathlons. JohnDavid is also an avid traveler both domestically and abroad. JohnDavid spends time each summer volunteering for an Orcas Island camp.
- University of Washington School of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence degree, 2014
- Whitman College, B.A. in Economics, 2010
- Menzer Law Firm, PLLC, Attorney, 2014 – Present
- Emmal, Skalbania, & Vinnedge, Law Clerk, 2013
- King County Superior Court, Legal Extern to Judge Susan Craighead, Spring of 2013
Bar & Court Admissions
- Washington State Bar Association, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Western and Eastern Districts of Washington (2016; 2017)
Pro bono/Community Service
- Washington Medical-Legal Partnership